Worst Place to Get Caught

The fire alarm went off when I was in the shower at the gym. I'm used to hearing the fire alarm at work, and I'm used to ignoring it when I hear it there. If we ever do have a real fire we'll all be in a lot of trouble. But I'd never heard the alarm at the gym. And while standing in the shower I tried to imagine a worse place I could be than the gym shower to get caught in a fire, and the only thing I could come up with was the sauna. Coming out of the sauna you'd be too lightheaded to make a getaway, plus it'd be tough to handle even more heat when you run out of that heat-choked wooden room. No one else in the gym seemed too worried by the alarm, even the people in the sauna. And since they were a part of my worst case scenario, I decided it must be a false alarm.

No comments:

Post a Comment